Update time... for those that like to stay informed. It's that busy time of year again with school and Christmas quickly creeping up. Ryan and I have been busy but everything is going well. We're in the middle of the busy season with school papers, preparing for our first Christmas, getting the barn yard built before winter, and the everyday stuff.
There's lots going on at school right now. We just had our open house. I was the student rep for my program and held information sessions for prospective students doing the usual babble. Tomorrow is the Christmas parade which is really exciting. My program has sponsered a float so we were decorating the float today. I love decorating floats and Christmas parades. We went the with the theme of Charles Dickens 'The Night Before Christmas'. It really came together and everyone has great authentic looking costumes. Also, I've been helping organize fundraising events and social awareness activities with the social work club. It's a good time and I'm the secretary, nothing too exciting. Also, exciting news. I got on to the executive council as the student rep for the Ontario Association of Social Workers (Durham Region). I'm so excited about getting more involved in promoting my profession and increasing awareness of issues. I can't wait to see what this new position brings. In a nutshell I've gotten myself so occupied that I don't really have much free time...but I'm really loving all the exciting things that I've gotten involved in. They also will improve my chances into getting in the professional years this winter. That's the next big thing coming up for me... the application this winter. Other than that life is really calm back on the homestead. Thank goodness!
Talk to you all later
No comments:
Post a Comment